Vitamin E Benefits
Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin with antioxidant properties which is known for its scars prevention/fading ability.
Apart from scar lightening effect, Vitamin E also has the following benefits:
- Protects skin from UV rays
- Helps reduce risk of Alzheimer and prostate cancer
- Protect cells from free radicals which contributes to development of cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Builds immune
- Prevent or delay coronary heart disease
- Reduce risks of cataracts and eye disorders
- Reduce acne outbreaks
Recommended Daily Intake
There have been increased concerns on the effects of high intakes of Vitamin E, dominantly in patients taking blood thinning agent causing higher risk of bleeding.
Recommended daily intake of Vitamin E( Natural Sources ) for Adults- 15mg
Supplemental vitamin E - The National Academy of Sciences also establish a Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) for vitamin E of 1,000mg (or 1,500 IU of vitamin E in the form of alpha-tocopherol).
Sources of Vitamin E
Food that are high in Vitamin E
- Sunflower Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Soybean oil