Nuts are known for many health benefits.
One of my favourite nut would be Almond ----Tasty and nutritious !
|Pic : HealthAliciousness|
Benefits of Almond
- Reduce Heart attack risk- Almond contains high amount of monounsaturated fats which are the fats commonly found in olive oil. Apart they also contain potassium, magnesium,antioxidants and vitamin E which helps reduce heart disease. Taking 5 servings of nuts in a week were found to reduce 50% of heart attack risk.
- Regulates cholesterol- Rise the level of high density lipoproteins (HDL) and lowers the level of low density lipoproteins (LDL) which effectively balances cholesterol levels
- Help to lose weight- Almonds' healthy fats and low calories are a good substitute for people who wants to shed their weight.
- Reduce risk of diabetes- Almonds reduces blood sugar and insulin level after meals.
- Good for energy production- Almond is a good source of maganese and copper. These elements aids in energy production.
- One serving of nuts a day is sufficient. 1 serving- 8 pieces of almonds