- Experiment with different shampoos every 6 months. Do you feel that your favourite shampoo often lose its effectiveness after using it for some time? This is due to buildup on our hair from styling products, weather conditions and hairstyle. Good quality shampoo or salon brand shampoo do not cause buildup.
- Use a clarifying shampoo once to twice a month. Clarifying shampoo removes buildup that are caused by environment, styling products and shampoo. However, do note that clarifying shampoo strips off the essential oil from your hair hence do condition or apply leave in after.
- Rinse your hair with cold water for extra shine
- Do brush your hair in the morning and before bed. This removes the dirt, stimulates blood supply and helps to even out sebum on hair.
- Do use hair oil. I am using Kerastase Nutritive Oleo Relax Elixir.
- Do eat food that are high in essential fatty acids, Omega 3- Sardine, Dark green vegetable and red meat.
- Food that are high in copper and iron- Walnuts,crabs,mussels and liver
- Brush your hair when it is wet. Wet hair are highly vulnerable and are easily damaged. This is because wet hair swells causing it to be fragile. If really necessary to comb, do use wide toothed comb.
- Don't tie your hair when it is wet for the same reason mentioned in the previous point.
- Don't overwash your hair. I wash my hair every other day such that I won't strip off my hair off its essential oils making it dry and dull. However, how often to wash your hair still depends on your own hair type, lifestyle and the amount of styling products you use daily.
- Dont expose your hair under the sun for a prolonged period. UV rays can cause hair to lose its protein causing your hair to turn dry.