|Pic Credit :bkajino|
Green tea is one of the tea most commonly known for its antioxidant properties.
Apart from this benefit, it has tonnes of many other benefits.
Here are the Top benefits of green tea :
- Anti Aging- Due to its high antioxidant properties, Green tea helps to ward off free radicals and reduces wrinkle development.
- Prevents bad breath
- Fights Skin cancer- Drinking two cups of green tea helps to reduce risk of skin cancer in the long run. Recent studies showed that green tea extract reduced size of tumor.
- Weight loss- It increase metabolism rate and polyphenol in green tea intensify levels of fat oxidation and rate in which food are converted into calories.
- Heart Disease- It protects clots formation and help them better withstand blood pressure changes.
- Acne- Green Tea contains catechins, natural anti-bacterial agents that suppress acne-causing bacteria. It also contains anti inflammatory properties which reduces swelling of acne.
Here are some ways of using Green Tea to achieve soft and glowy skin:
- Green Tea Mask- Mix 2 tablespoons of organic green tea leaves and 2 tablespoons of milk together.Apply to skin (avoiding eye area) and wash off after 20 mins.
- Green Tea Toner- Apply cold green tea onto face and let it dry. Pores will be tighter and skin will be smoother due to its astringent property.
- Green Tea Facial Steam ( Once a week )
- Wash face with cleanser
- Using a large bowl, place in 1 green tea tea bag or 1- 2 tablespoon of green tea leaves.
- Pour in hot water into the bowl
- Place head over steam ( Note not too place too near the steam as it may scald the skin), Cover towel over head to retain steam around face area.
- After 5 mins, pat dry and use ice(wrap in tissue) to close up the pores.