One of my favourite travel destination is BALI.
Bali is a province in Indonesia which may be small but has great prominence as a travel destination. Beautiful architects, enchanting temples ceremonies, dance performances, surfing scenes and most important the beautiful white sandy beaches are reasons why we cannot resist Bali.
When to go ?Bali has two seasons- Wet and Dry
Dry Season- April to Early October (Between June and August, Temperature is lower)
Wet Season- October to March ( Highest Rainfall is between Dec and Feb )
Peak season- July, August ( School holidays ), September 1-15, December 20- January 8
Roads may be conjested with tourists and accommodation may be at double price.
I usually travel to Bali in April, May or late September.
Where to go ?
For shopping- Seminyak is the right place for you.
Seminyak is one of the most popular tourists choice. Stretches of shop selling beach wear, accessories,local products. There are shops that customises personal T- shirts. You just have to write down the message and they will hand print it onto the shirt according. You can collect the shirt the next day. Many tourists purchase them as souvenirs or as gifts for their love ones.
Where to stay in Seminyak?
Cost : S$ 520 per night
- 10 mins walk away from the shops
- Beachfront view
- Suites comes with personal outdoor jacuzzi
- Service from staff is good
Points to take note
- Jacuzzi may have little bugs in it as it is an outdoor personal jacuzzi.
You need to rinse the tub before you can fill it with water.
There are insect coil burners in the drawers. Do light up two of them and place it near the jacuzzi so that you won't find yourself having jacuzzi with insect buddies.
- Beach at Seminyak is not the fine white sandy type.
For beautiful cliff view- Uluwatu
Uluwatu has beautiful cliff views, temples and interesting dance performances.
You can sign up for their local tours where they will bring you to Uluwatu temples, Kecak and Fire dance. This area is also a popular spot for surfers where they have surfing school for those that do not have any experience in surfing.
Where to stay in Uluwatu?
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Cost:S$ 850 per night
- Isolated, away from the crowded beaches
- unique architecture
- Paranomic view of the ocean
- Good Housekeeping service
Points to take note
- Breakfast is not included in the villa rate. Additional 21% tax is applicable.
- Open concept invites bugs. Remember your insect repellent
For Serenity and white sandy beach- Nusa Dua
|Pic: Mark Yang|
St Regis Nusa Dua
Cost:S$ 577 per night
Nusa Dua has one of the most beautiful beach in Bali.
Fine sand, clear water and a top destination for relaxation.
- Private white sandy beach
- Good service
- Restaurant beside the beach has very nice pita bread
- Exceptional Spa Treatments ( Must Try! )